Friday, September 28, 2018

It Ain't Over 'Til It's Over


Yeah, that's the problem here; and the man is the victim, right?

"Ugly" isn't even the word for this anymore:

“Kavanaugh dodged and dissembled, ranted and raved, filibustered — I did not find him credible,” [Sen.] Whitehouse said. “I don’t believe ‘boof’ is flatulence, I don’t believe the devil’s triangle is a drinking game, and I don’t believe calling yourself a girl’s alumnus is being her friend, and I think drinking until you ‘ralph’ or fall out of the bus or don’t remember the game or need to piece together your memory the next day is more consistent with Dr. Ford’s and others’ testimony than his own.”

“If Dr. Ford’s testimony is true, I hope we can all agree Kavanaugh has no business on the court, and I for one believed her,” he added.

And then there's that calendar tout le internet is talking about:

“We know ‘Bart’ Kavanaugh was there because it’s his schedule, and here’s Judge, and here’s PJ, here are all those three named boys and others at a house together just as she said,” Whitehouse said. “She said Kavanaugh and Judge were drunk and that she had a beer. (The calendar shows) skis — (or) brewskis, beer. They were drinking, just as she said.”

“Now, I will concede that the two girls aren’t mentioned, but spot me this,” he added. “If you had just sexually assaulted one of the two girls, would you add the girls’ names to your calendar? I doubt it. This may, may be powerful corroborating evidence that the assault happened, that it happened that day, and that it happened in that place, but with no FBI investigation, we can’t tell.”

And it ain't over 'til it's over:

“We have done a botch of the investigation, over time I expect the facts to come out,” he said. “They have a way of doing that. Coverups never last. The sand is running through Kavanaugh’s hourglass, and I pledge whatever I can do to make sure that the truth of his conduct is ultimately determined.”

There is no reason to think Kavanaugh's confirmation brings this all to an end.  The Republicans will, of course, blame the Democrats for the consequences of confirming Kavanaugh.  The guilty always blame the victim, though; that's not new, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment