Wednesday, September 26, 2018

The Day's News


So start there, and work your way down (and by "down" I mean "lower and lower and lower...):

“The FBI told us they’ve investigated Judge Kavanaugh six times, five times, many times over the years. They know him very well. Here there was nothing to investigate from at least one standpoint. They didn’t know the location. They didn’t know the time. They didn’t know the year,” Trump said.

Trump also that called all three allegations false.

“These are all false to me,” Trump said.
But hey, Trump also said:

“It’s possible I’ll hear that and I’ll say, ‘Hey, I’m changing my mind.’ That is possible,” Trump said, referring to Blasey Ford’s expected testimony at a Senate hearing on Thursday. “I could be persuaded.”

Although just before that:

Trump made the comments after claiming that Kavanaugh is facing “false accusations in certain cases.”
Apparently there was no follow-up as to which cases were not based on false accusations.  Equally apparently, Brett Kavanaugh cannot tell a lie:*

“If we brought George Washington here and we said, we have George Washington, the Democrats would vote against him,” Trump said. “Just so you understand. And he may have had a bad past, who knows, you know? He may have had some — I think accusations made. Didn’t he have a couple of things in his past?”
Oh, we're not done yet:

“The people that have complained to me about it the most, about what’s happening —are women,” Trump said. “Women are very angry. You know, I got 52 percent with women. Everyone said this couldn’t happen. But 52 percent of women are so angry. Frankly, I think they like what the Republicans are doing. But I think they would have liked to have seen it go a lot faster.”

He's also accomplished more than any President in history, as he recently told the UN, who loved that stuff.  I mean, he killed in the General Assembly!

 “That’s fake news, and it was covered that way,” he said. “OK. So I said that since my election our economy has become the hottest in the world. Tax reductions, regulations, confidence levels are the highest in 18 years, really soon to be historic. Unemployment is the lowest in the history of our country. You look at black unemployment, you look at Asian unemployment, you look at women, 65 years, the unemployment numbers are among the best we’ve ever had, ever.”

He went on to say that the group was mostly from other countries as if he didn’t know what the United Nations was. He then claimed that they weren’t “big into clapping, applauding [or] smiling.”

“And I heard a little rustle as I said our country is now stronger than ever before. It is true. I mean it is true. I heard a little rustle. And I said, ‘It is true.’ And I heard smiles,” Trump said, though he didn’t clarify what a smile sounds like.

“I said, ‘I didn’t know there would be’ — they weren’t laughing at me,” he continued. “They were laughing with me. We had fun. That was not laughing at me. So the fake news said, people laughed at President Trump. They didn’t laugh at me. People had a good time with me. We were doing it together.”

Raising once again the question of what color the sky is in his world.  And proving that Nikki Haley certainly earned her paycheck today.  On the general topic of sexual assaults and being Leader of the Free World with access to more intelligence and experts than you can shake a stick at:


Oh, hell, that press conference was just the gift that keeps on giving:
Because it's always all about Trump:

The Leader of the Free World, ladies and gentlemen!  Thank you for coming!  Tip the buffet!  Try your waitress!  Good night!


*Although, ironically, that story was made up by Parson Weems to teach young children the virtues of honesty.  You can't make this stuff up.

No comments:

Post a Comment