Friday, February 19, 2021

Actually...

He’s a Republican in Texas. That’s really all that’s required.

Yes, people are mightily pissed right now. But the Lege will paper over it and the landscape will resume normal contours, and this, too, will disappear down the memory hole.

I’ve had power for 24 uninterrupted hours and water service has returned enough my toilets flush. Everything already seems better. I gotta be honest. Trust me. This, too, shall pass.

Then again, I didn’t have to burn furniture, or lose power for a week in sub-freezing temperatures (24 hours is not 96+).
That kind of thing changes your perspective and stays with you.

Or not. Been down this road once or twice before. I’m tired of believing in the improveability of mind of my fellow Texans. Even when the cause is staring them in the face, they will reject it because to accept it means taking responsibility for being duped by stupid men: Rick Perry, Greg Abbott, Ted Cruz. And those are just examples: the stupidity is decades deep. Will the people rise in populist wrath and throw the money changers from the temple? Will they take responsibility for their government, and demand it serve them and not money?

I’m not counting on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment