Friday, August 02, 2024

🙄

Hand to God, I remember when Mountain Dew entered the market (“what a drag it is growing old”). And I lost track of it (didn’t care), and found it was still around when my daughter (now in her 30’s) was a teen, and the urban legends about mixing MD (with aspirin?) to get drunk (in my youth Coke was the base) came up. I was sure it had disappeared after that, until now.

I’ve seen a lot of bad, and better, soft drinks vanish from the market. I guess that’s cause for despair.  🤷🏻‍♂️ 

The drink of joy and despair for white America? 69 years of being a white American living in white America, and I missed this? Gonna have to turn in my “white American” card.

I was sure that drink was either beer 🍻 or bourbon 🥃.  But if you mixed beer and bourbon, and removed the alcohol, I suppose you’d get Mountain Dew. Or a reasonable facsimile thereof.

These are definitely the issues I look to The Atlantic for. Definitely.


No comments:

Post a Comment