Sunday, August 20, 2017

Jerry Falwell, Jr. channels his inner Jeremiah


It's Sunday morning, why isn't he in church?

During an interview on ABC’s This Week, host Martha Raddatz asked Falwell, one of Trump’s top surrogates, to explain the president’s remarks.

“He has inside information that I don’t have,” Falwell opined. “I don’t know if there were historical purists there who were trying to preserve some statues. I don’t know. But he had information I didn’t have.”

“What made you think he knew that?” Raddatz wondered.

“I think he saw videos of who was there. I think he was talking about what he had seen, information that he had that I don’t have,” Falwell insisted. “All I know is it was pure evil. The media has tried to paint this as Republican versus Democrat, black versus white, Jew versus gentile, but it’s just pure evil versus good.”

“But when you say things like that, when you say it’s all evil, but you say you’re so proud of Donald Trump, that’s the message that resonated,” Raddatz observed. “It didn’t resonate that you think he might have some information.”

“I’m still intrigued by your idea that Donald Trump somehow knows there were some good people there,” she added.

“I don’t know that to be the fact,” Falwell admitted. “I just know that it’s totally true what you just said, there’s no good KKK, there’s no good white supremacist.”

Speaking truth to power doesn't mean what it used to mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment