Saturday, September 19, 2020

Notorious RBG Swag Alert

 


So I got an e-mail from a retailer that was subtly and softly peddling their RGB merchandise, with a quote from the Justice and a delicate touch regarding her passing.  It was couched in praise and gentle mourning, obviously aimed not at a political audience but more a cultural one.

They have a lot of RBG paraphernalia to offer.  I don't remember anything like this for Scalia; or Roberts; or Thomas; or Kavanaugh.

Or Trump.

Sure, MAGAheads buy Trump stuff; from Trump.  The Justice was not peddling this (maybe she licensed her likeness, but I dunno).

I just think the GOP is walking into a cultural buzzsaw without even seeing the blade.  As Orwell said, the hardest thing to do is to see what's right in front of your nose.  Usually that seems like a dour statement.  Right now, it's a remarkably hopeful one.

At least to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment