Thursday, May 14, 2015

"Who looks out for shit kickers like you?"


I have, in my vast and yeasty archives, pictures like this.  That's the President of the United States with those people.  Ever seen a picture of Barack Obama in similar circumstances?  Neither have I.

Here's Robert Kennedy:


And here's President Obama at least talking about poverty:


Granted, that last one is a bit unfair, but even that appearance alone was too much for the delicate sensibilities of FoxNews and Joe Scarbrough.


Imagine if Obama had dared to show up in pictures with actual poor people, so we had to see what they looked like. Eh, we'd just hear about how they had refrigerators and cell phones, again.

Update:  one other thing to notice about that stage in Georgetown:  no women.  Which, honestly, is a glaring omission, and I'm ashamed I didn't notice it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment